WordPress is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. We like to say that WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time.
L A T E S T P O S T S
The Importance Of CompTIA Training
How To Prevent Sexual Harassment In Sports Bar In Hong Kong
How To Hire A Content Marketing Consultant
Running In Costumes At Fun Runs And Marathons
All About The Colourful History Of Ribbons
Gift Ideas To Make Your Valentine’s Day Healthier
Ecommerce Marketing Tips To Guarantee Success This Holiday Season
Wholesale Inventories In US Weaken
Shadrack Declared As Champion Of Lobatse Mountain Bike Challenge
Online Shopping Needs More Flexibility, According To Consumers
Whatever you are doing in an IT-related company, whether it’s being the head of the tech support group which is in-charge of making sure that every piece of technology found in the office is working properly, or a simple programmer, you need to continuously learn and update your knowledge and skills to make you capable of sticking around in the forever evolving industry of IT. Why? Let’s put it this way: every now and then, new gadgets are coming out of the market. Every month, there is a new technology invented. Every moment, we are one step closer to the future when everything else runs on computer and it’s only a matter of time before human won’t need to do anything at all. Having said that, having and updated and believable credentials on your resume will make you ahead against other applicants who are aiming at landing at high-paying jobs in the IT industry. If you want to land a high-paying job as a computer technician, you are recommended to get yourself a proper CompTIA training.
If you are an IT student who is wondering yourself what job you should pursue, being a computer technician is probably the easiest choice because you already have the proper and latest knowledge with regards to the basic and advanced software and hardware that can be found inside a basic computer set. But to be hired as a computer technician in a multi-billion company, you will need to be ahead among the rest of the pack. This is where the importance of a proper CompTIA training will come in. For starters, CompTIA stands for Computer Technology Industry Association which represents the international community of IT practitioners in its goal to be the united voice and spread the same advocacy. When you are CompTIA certified, it means you are among the best of the bests which makes you in demand among employers worldwide.
Undergoing a proper CompTIA training will make you proficient in maintaining, running and configuring various computer infrastructures. Getting certified by CompTIA is a big boost to your IT career because you will gain more knowledge and will be able to gain updated skills along the way.
Waitresses who work in sports Bar in Hong Kong are prone to sexual abuses and unwanted innuendos due to the nature of sports bars where drinks come aplenty and customers tend to forget the amount of their alcohol intake due to enjoyment. If you are a waitress who happens to work in a sports bar, be empowered and know that there are ways to avoid sexual harassment in the workplace. Here’s how:
- Know your rights. When you feel that you are being given with unnecessary attention that makes you feel uncomfortable, know that you the right to say no and be firm about it. You can immediately inform your manager or your security personnel about it. Make sure that you do not embarrass customers in front of others especially those who are already drunk as it may spur bigger trouble. The security personnel can call the attention of the customer and talk with him in a corner in private.
- If you are not comfortable with the customer you are serving in a sports Bar in Hong Kong, ask another colleague, preferable a male, to switch tables with you. This will immediately shift the customer’s attention and you can get away with further harassment.
- To avoid being called with unwanted names such as “sweetheart” or “babe”, provide your name the moment you approach a table. It would also help if you have a name tag pinned on your dress or uniform to greet your customers and for them to address you in your first name.
- Request for a different assignment. If you are repeatedly subjected to sexual harassment, you can request to the manager for you to be given a different task such as to deliver food from the kitchen to the table instead of taking orders which normally exposes waitresses longer to the customers in a sports Bar in Hong Kong.
- To avoid getting unsolicited catcalls or being harassed, do not invite attention. Learn how to draw the line between being friendly and flirt. To be safe, remain friendly but keep it professional.
A content marketing consultant is a type of professional service provider who can do wonders to your business in terms of putting your brand out there and keeping it within your target’s reach. This is the reason why most companies hire private consultants for content marketing because companies understand the benefits of having these professionals around. The only catch there is that you would have to look for the right content marketing consultant in order to get your desired results for your business. Here are some ideas on how you can hire an expert in the field.
Determine your desired qualifications
Before you start looking for a potential candidate, the first thing that you should determine is the type of content marketing consultant that you want to hire? What are his ideal qualifications? How do you envision his tasks, outputs and performance indicators? What about his professional experience, educational attainment and even certification from reputable bodies? Perhaps you would want a consultant who had relevant trainings. Whatever it is, put them all down on a note a use it as your reference in choosing potential candidates.
Know where to search
You can take a look at job portals to find applicants. Narrow your search by filtering the information you put on the field. For instance, you might want to indicate your specific location so you can get local applicants from the search results. You can also ask from your business networks of professional content managers that they can refer to you.
Make a shortlist of potential candidates
Based on your qualifications and other factors that you may want to include, make a shortlist of potential candidates that you want to consider. After that schedule an interview for the applicants so you can start your deliberation. You may want to include your high ranking officials in your company in the deliberation and decision making. Make sure that the content marketing consultant that you choose is qualified experienced and has good professional standing. Before you hire the best candidate, ask for character references and ask for feedback from them.
Costumes have been a part of the Fairbanks Midnight Sun Run for a long time now.
This year, in the starting line, there was Smokey the Bear, Paul Bunyan, some pirates and running bananas. There were also superheroes like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and so on. As this is also election year, campaign slogans from Donald Trump were made as pun. A group wore blue, red and white clothing with aprons and cheese graters. Their sign read as “Make America Grate Again”.
One of the intricate costumes was the Nightmare Before Christmas sisters. One was dressed as Jack Skellington with a plaster skull mask, and the other sister was dressed as Sally. They spent weeks creating their costumes. It was also their costumes which were popular among others with the onlookers.
Costumes have been part of other sporting events too but the most common are in running events. These are not only in marathons but also in fun runs where people run either individually or in groups. They all dress up in costumes to win some prizes. For some, it is for them to showcase their own uniquely designed costumes.
Even in the Guinness Book of World Records, there are certain records related to running in costumes. The most common are superheroes from TV Store Online Costumes as inspiration. There is a world record for the fastest marathon dressed as a superhero for females and males. The fastest female time is 2hr 48m 51s by Camille Herron of the US in 2012 when she was dressed as Spiderman. The fastest male time is 2hr 27m 43s by Matt Gunby of the UK last April 2016 when he was dressed as Wonder Woman. Another record is the fastest marathon in a 3 person costume. The record time is 4h 56m 24s, and it was achieved by Heather Smith, Laura Jones and Andy Church (all from UK) in 2015. They were dressed as Woody, Buzz and Jessie from Toy Story.
These are just some examples of the many creative ways costumes are incorporated into sports. With Halloween and New Year’s just around the corner, there are likely more races with costumed runners during this period.
Probably one of the most common items today is the ribbon. Ribbons come in all sorts of designs and colours and are used for all sorts of purposes. Ribbons are often used as ornamentation and for decorative purposes. For long periods of time, ribbons are used to give honour and recognition to the people who have done something significant such as scientists, artists and even athletes, people who have done something worth recognizing in the field of sports, science & technology, humanitarianism, arts, medicine and more. They are used in decorating all sorts of items for various events such as birthdays, weddings and even funerals.
Unfortunately, while they may be common items in the modern world, most people don’t actually know anything about the history of ribbons and how people first started using them.
Ribbons have been around ever since man discovered the art of crafting fabrics and are one of the oldest decorative materials in the world. It is no secret that people are always looking for ways on how they could enhance their appearance and ribbons in their own way could help even the simplest and plainest of textile colours become more elegant. In fact, in the Middle Ages, street peddlers would even travel around Europe selling exotic ribbons.
During the Medieval and Renaissance periods would buy ribbons woven with gold and silver all the way from the Orient. During these times, ribbons have become so intertwined with luxury that the English Parliament had even tried to make the wearing of ribbons exclusive to nobility in the 16th century.
The 17th century was all about ribbons with them taking over the fashion scene. Both men and women’s clothing heavily featured extravagant ribbons. Ribbons have been used for clothing and as hair ornaments and even for furniture. There was a boom in the ribbon industry which had stemmed forth the silk trade. In fact, this growth in the ribbon industry had played a significant role in sparking the Industrial Revolution when the Dutch engine loom was created wherein it can produce six types of ribbons all at once.
Ribbons would dominate this period leading up to the Victorian Era. Ribbons are prominent in Europe and in Asia.
If you are looking for high grade ribbons, be sure to check out PaperMart.com.
CA – February 23, 2016 – There are only a few days left until Valentine’s Day and have you decided what you plan to do with your special someone during this special day? During Valentine’s Day, there is often an overflow of everything from flowers, kisses, gifts and food. If you are trying to live a healthy life, then chocolates and decadent meals are definitely not for you this Valentine’s especially if you and your partner are trying to lose weight.
Of course, flowers, jewelries and candles are good alternatives to this, however, there are also a lot of ways you can enjoy your Valentine’s Day together without straying from your healthy lifestyle. Here are some great gift ideas for you and your loved one that can make your Valentine’s Day healthier.
- If you and your lover have been training and sweating hard at the gym to stay fit almost every day, the best gift that you can give not only for your other half but to yourself as well is none other than a massage. If you want to make it more romantic for the two of you, there are many spas that offer couples massages. You also have the option of having the massage at home.
- Cooking Class. Since you two are big on healthy living, then why not celebrate Valentine’s inside a cooking class for two? Take the time with your loved one to learn how to cook healthier meals that you haven’t tried before.
- Manicure or Pedicure. For men, your special lady would probably want to spend a day sometime later pampering at a local spa. It would make your lady happy if you invest in a gift certificate for a manicure or a pedicure. In fact, you can even join your other half too.
- Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to acknowledge the hard work your special someone is putting whether he or she is trying hard to slim down, live a healthier lifestyle, quite smoking or drinking. Appreciate his or her efforts by acknowledging them in the sweetest way possible: via letter.
- Just because you are trying to slim down and live a healthy lifestyle doesn’t mean you can’t indulge in chocolates anymore. You can buy or even make calorie-free healthy chocolates and if you are planning to share them with your loved one, make sure to place them in a black gift box suited for chocolates.