now browsing by category
Probably one of the most common items today is the ribbon. Ribbons come in all sorts of designs and colours and are used for all sorts of purposes. Ribbons are often used as ornamentation and for decorative purposes. For long periods of time, ribbons are used to give honour and recognition to the people who have done something significant such as scientists, artists and even athletes, people who have done something worth recognizing in the field of sports, science & technology, humanitarianism, arts, medicine and more. They are used in decorating all sorts of items for various events such as birthdays, weddings and even funerals.
Unfortunately, while they may be common items in the modern world, most people don’t actually know anything about the history of ribbons and how people first started using them.
Ribbons have been around ever since man discovered the art of crafting fabrics and are one of the oldest decorative materials in the world. It is no secret that people are always looking for ways on how they could enhance their appearance and ribbons in their own way could help even the simplest and plainest of textile colours become more elegant. In fact, in the Middle Ages, street peddlers would even travel around Europe selling exotic ribbons.
During the Medieval and Renaissance periods would buy ribbons woven with gold and silver all the way from the Orient. During these times, ribbons have become so intertwined with luxury that the English Parliament had even tried to make the wearing of ribbons exclusive to nobility in the 16th century.
The 17th century was all about ribbons with them taking over the fashion scene. Both men and women’s clothing heavily featured extravagant ribbons. Ribbons have been used for clothing and as hair ornaments and even for furniture. There was a boom in the ribbon industry which had stemmed forth the silk trade. In fact, this growth in the ribbon industry had played a significant role in sparking the Industrial Revolution when the Dutch engine loom was created wherein it can produce six types of ribbons all at once.
Ribbons would dominate this period leading up to the Victorian Era. Ribbons are prominent in Europe and in Asia.
If you are looking for high grade ribbons, be sure to check out PaperMart.com.
CA – February 23, 2016 – There are only a few days left until Valentine’s Day and have you decided what you plan to do with your special someone during this special day? During Valentine’s Day, there is often an overflow of everything from flowers, kisses, gifts and food. If you are trying to live a healthy life, then chocolates and decadent meals are definitely not for you this Valentine’s especially if you and your partner are trying to lose weight.
Of course, flowers, jewelries and candles are good alternatives to this, however, there are also a lot of ways you can enjoy your Valentine’s Day together without straying from your healthy lifestyle. Here are some great gift ideas for you and your loved one that can make your Valentine’s Day healthier.
- If you and your lover have been training and sweating hard at the gym to stay fit almost every day, the best gift that you can give not only for your other half but to yourself as well is none other than a massage. If you want to make it more romantic for the two of you, there are many spas that offer couples massages. You also have the option of having the massage at home.
- Cooking Class. Since you two are big on healthy living, then why not celebrate Valentine’s inside a cooking class for two? Take the time with your loved one to learn how to cook healthier meals that you haven’t tried before.
- Manicure or Pedicure. For men, your special lady would probably want to spend a day sometime later pampering at a local spa. It would make your lady happy if you invest in a gift certificate for a manicure or a pedicure. In fact, you can even join your other half too.
- Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to acknowledge the hard work your special someone is putting whether he or she is trying hard to slim down, live a healthier lifestyle, quite smoking or drinking. Appreciate his or her efforts by acknowledging them in the sweetest way possible: via letter.
- Just because you are trying to slim down and live a healthy lifestyle doesn’t mean you can’t indulge in chocolates anymore. You can buy or even make calorie-free healthy chocolates and if you are planning to share them with your loved one, make sure to place them in a black gift box suited for chocolates.
For numerous online retailers all around the world, the holiday season is your last hurrah for the year. Sometimes, the holiday season can turn a bad fiscal year into a good one. There are also times where the holiday season becomes the difference between a normal fiscal year into going out with a bang.
So this holiday season, if you truly want to end the year with fireworks and champagne, you should know that effective marketing is the key to success. Remember, through marketing, you’ll be able to deliver your product to a wide audience and during Christmas and the holiday season, marketing is even more important because it is the busiest season of the year. In the US alone, the ecommerce industry is estimated to reach $900 billion from November to December. That’s how big the holiday season is.
So if you need help marketing your business this holiday season, here are some tips that might be of use to you.
- Tell the online world you exist!
Yes, this may seem like an obvious task but you should know that a lot of websites online have failed to do this. For online stores, it is always important that your target audience knows that you are there ready to serve them. You may have the best functioning website, you may have the best products to sell, but if people don’t actually know that you exist, then it will be all for naught.
You can use numerous internet marketing strategies such as social media marketing, search engine marketing and email marketing. Also, it is important that your online store is easily accessed by mobile users as well because they are quickly becoming a major force in the ecommerce industry.
- Always be ready for your best season.
Remember, websites like Ribbons.com, who do their best to outperform their competitors will most likely achieve success and for this reason, it is always good to be ready when you finally get that success you long desired. By being ready for your best season, you’ll also ready yourself for the competition at hand. It is always about preparation and being prepared for battle.
The wholesale inventories in the United States significantly fell in the month of October as businesses stepped up their efforts in order to efficiently reduce the loads of stockpile of merchandises which are unsold. This turn of events suggests that inventories would once be again a drag on the growth during the last quarter of the year. The Commerce Department released a statement saying that wholesale inventories slipped by .1 percent as the stocks both goods which are durable and non-durable fell. The inventories increased a revised .2 percent in the month of September. The economists polled by Reuters made a forecast that the inventories in the wholesale sector will be ticking up by .1 percent in the month of October which had a previously reported .5 percent increase in the month prior to it.
The level of inventories is an important component in the changes in the gross domestic product. The component of wholesale inventories takes part in the calculation of the GDP also dipped by .1 percent. The wholesale inventories did not include automobiles. There was a record back-to-back increase in the level of inventories during the first two quarters this year which left warehouses bulging with merchandises which were unsold and made businesses with little incentive to restock. The level of inventories accumulated subtracted .56 percentage points in the GDP growth during the third quarter. The event restricted the GDP growth to an annual rate of about 2.1 percent. The overall drop in the wholesale inventories in the month of October will prompt the economists to trim their fourth-quarter estimates of growth which is currently at around 2 percent.
Data gathered showed that manufacturing inventories fell for a record four straight months during the month of October. The retail inventory data released recently will shed more light on the vastness of the anticipated drag of the inventory levels in the final quarter this year. The sales of wholesalers remain unchanged in October after it increased by .5 percent in the month of September. The sales have been soft since the month of August. Even inventories of Paper Mart boxes are also affected in this turn of events in the sector.
There is no doubt technology had taken over the world. Almost everyone in the world today is using some type of technological device and machinery. In the world of technology, however, there is always room for improvement and many industries are capitalizing on this small room of improvements that are always seemed to be being made.
But one thing that is sure to need some improvements is the online retail industry. Online shoppers are now demanding for more flexibility and better shopping experience. In the world of business making it is important that you always heed the voice of your customers, especially when they are right. Consumers said they want the process of purchasing to become much easier. They also want websites and online stores to work together better. There is still a matter on the flexibility of devices but for now online shoppers prefer buying from a desktop but they sure don’t mind improving on the responsiveness of online stores when it comes to other devices. Lastly, free shipping plays the biggest role in driving sales.
- Lack of Mobile Experience. When consumers say they prefer shopping on desktops, then you know something is wrong with mobile services. This is important now more than ever since there has been a surge on the number of mobile users over the past years. What consumers prefer in desktops is that images are of better quality and that’s what they need to bring on mobile devices.
- Social Media & Sales. With the number of people on social media right now, it cannot be denied that social media sites are now helping a great deal in generating sales for online retailers. Social media is now influencing shoppers a lot especially when these shoppers go to social media sites to express their opinions about particular products.
- Delivery Costs & Free Shipping Generate More Sales. What drives people into making a purchase is probably free shipping. In fact, people are actually willing to wait two days for free shipping rather than go to a traditional store.
- Shoppers Want Free Returns. Return policies can greatly affect a customer’s decision. People would most likely purchase an item like Paper Mart boxes if they are guaranteed that they can return it should problems occur.
According to Knight Frank, a global property advisor the sector of specialist property investment will achieve a record year with their corresponding transaction volumes likely reaching to about 12 billion pounds this year. This analysis by Knight Frank showed that the specialist property in the UK is going from strength to strength as its investment values continue to trend upward.
Currently the strong investor demand in the sector as well as the pipeline deals is expected to be completed in H2. The full year figure will likely exceed the original forecast of the global property advisor which was set only at 10 billion pounds. They are expecting it to reach as high as 12 billion pounds which is a record breaking figure. During the first half of this year, the specialist property investment volumes have notably reached nearly 6 billion pounds.
Strong investor demand
The various sectors specializing in their own industries- healthcare, hotels and automotive and student property are reportedly experiencing a surging demand in investments as the asset class becomes part of the universe of the mainstream properties. The transaction volumes coming from the student property reached about 3.5 billion pounds in H1 and are expected to exceed 5 billion pounds at the end of the year. There is a reported shortage in assets with good quality which prompted prime yields to stay at 4.5 percent with increasing pressure on the secondary stock pricing quality.
In the sector of the hotels, the investment market continuously to remain buoyant with virtually all corner of the market attracting equity and attention. In the last six months this year, the market will see a continuation of the supply demand imbalance which would in turn lead to further yield compression. The sector of healthcare meanwhile recorded about 500 million pounds of transactions in H1. The demand for quality assets continue to outstrip the supply available in the market which is true for both going concerns and fixed income.
This spur in the growth of the specialist property sector will also influence positivity in other businesses directly related to the housing industry like painters & decorators Northampton.