Different Types Of Roofing In Calgary
The type of roofing that is installed in a house or building plays an important part of its structure. It is essential to use reliable qualities of roofing materials since the roof maintains the temperature of the house in any weather conditions. The roof is always exposed to heat and rain; thus, it is crucial to choose a durable roofing material that can sustain extreme weather situations.
In the past, there were only a few roofing in Calgary options to choose from such as asphalt shingles, clay, slate, or concrete tiles. Today, there are already many roofing in Calgary materials that are made of advanced technology which provides a wide variety of alternatives. The existing materials are also refurbished to create a new look that still makes them marketable.
The following are some of the kinds of roofing materials to consider when building a new house or changing your existing roofing structure:
- Solar tiles – advanced solar tiles are ideal for sunny roofing in homeowners’ associations that prohibit the use of the usual solar panels. They can help reduce energy expenses with their solar power, however, they are more expensive than the typical solar choices.
- Metal roofing – it is made of vertical panels that resemble slate, shake, and tile. It can strongly remove heavy rain and snow as well as it won’t burn and can resist strong winds. Because of its light weight, it can be mounted over the existing roofing. The only thing is, metals produce strong noise during rainstorms and prone to dent due to hail.
- Asphalt shingles – these are the most popular roofing materials in the United States since they do well in all weather conditions.
- Stone-varnished steel – this is an economical and effective option for windy, wet regions, or places that are susceptible to wildfires. Some of these materials have lifetime warranties.
- Rubber slate – its appearance is natural. You can cut it using a knife to mount intricate roofs like those kinds found in Victorian homes. It can last a lifetime, but satellite dishes can damage it as well as walking. Roofing professionals for rubber slate installation are quite hard to contact.
- Slate – this roofing also lasts a life time and will not burn. This is water resistant and can sustain fungus and mold.
- Concrete tiles and clay – they can withstand strong hurricanes and tornadoes. They are effective in dry and warm climates.
The type of roof that is right for you all depends on your climate, house, and budget. It is best to consult a roofing expert before deciding on your roofing project.